Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Easter Cuties


I am a BIT biased but I think these little ones are the CUTEST around!  Here they are showing off their Easter outfits. 

I made Madelyn's dress (first time making one!)  I did not use a pattern so I don't have one to share but I did base it off of a simple pillowcase dress like this ONE.


For the boys I decided to make it simple and just make bow ties!  These are SO easy to make.  I used some of the same fabric that I had in the dress (white and yellow stripe).  



{I cut two rectangles the size that I wanted the tie to be.  I put the right sides together and sewed them leaving an opening to turn it inside out.  After turning it right side out I sewed up that opening.  For the middle part I folded a piece of fabric to be the width I wanted  and made it about 3 inches long.  Then after sewing the edge I turned that right side out.  I folded it over with the seem on the on the outside.  What you are doing here is making the small loop to slide the tie through.  So sew across and trim any excess.  After truing it right side out slide it on and there you have your bow tie!  You could put a strap on it or you can do what I did and use a safety pin!} 

So these are not the best instructions but here is the one I used from Prudent Baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment