Friday, March 16, 2012

Homemade tortilla's

I have found that it is so rewarding to make things from scratch.  It not only makes me feel good about what I am feeding my family but I get comments like "you are the best mama ever!" and "Honey these are so good.  You can make it anytime!"

Those words are enough for me to keep making things!  So here is the recipe that I use for Tortilla's.  I got it from HERE.  It is so simple...four, baking soda, salt, butter and water!  I always have these on hand!
My tortillas are not perfect circles but they taste the same :)  We like a thinner tortilla so I rolled them out nice and thin.




Then I put just a tiny bit of butter in the pan to help brown and give a little more flavor..see it bubbling up nicely!?


Flip it over and brown both sides


And here are my not so perfect but really yummy D.I.Y tortilla's!

Not I just added a beef, bean, rice mixture and we had our own Chipotle :)

1 comment:

  1. Abby, Yum, all of your posts are making me hungry. Sorry I haven't posted on here in awhile. I am going to try the donut muffins tomorrow.
    Janell

    ReplyDelete