Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chalkboard and hooks

One more thing I got at the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store was 2 old cupboard doors. I didn't take before pictures of these, but they were yellow, and they cost $3.00 each.  I took the larger one and painted it white around the edge and chalkboard paint in the middle.  The smaller one I painted all white and added hooks.  I put these up in our laundry room.  I still need to do a lot more in this room for storage, but this is a start.  I don't have a link for someone to credit for the idea, because it was a combination of ideas from seeing a lot of people re-purpose old cabinet doors with chalkboard paint and/or hooks.




By the way, in the black frame above the chalkboard is pictures I took on a vacation that spelled out the letters of our last name, but it is kind of hard to tell in this picture.
One idea I try to do is every time we go somewhere on a little trip or vacation, look for the letters of our name in things to photograph...makes a neat souvenir from each trip!

1 comment:

  1. I love all this chalkboard stuff! I'm still drooling over your nature name....and hope that maybe this summer i'll get on the ball with it. Problem is, we have a long last name!

    ReplyDelete