Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Project: DIY decorative balls

Well we got together this morning to do one of those things that you say 'why didn't I think of this?'  We took Styrofoam balls, a hemp or twine like rope and a glue gun.  Simple right?  The idea came from this PIN.  Basically you start wrapping the rope around the ball and glue as you go.  Here are a few photos!


So I would like to say we had time to get them all made and even spray painted, but that is not the case.  Kids painting,  potty training and a baby pretty much kept one of us busy the whole time so we took turns actually doing the project.  But from the pictures you get the idea of what we were doing.  I  (Abby) might leave mine natural looking or spray paint with a cream or bluish color. 

So that is it!  Simple this week but better then going out and spending up to $20 on decorative balls at Target.  Check out Kid Activities  to see the painting with condensed milk that our kiddos did today!

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to see a follow up picture to see where you put them in your house. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get one up soon....I (abby) am on vacation right now!

      Delete